Ms Megan Mc Fie
Queen Mary University of London
Current work: My project is investigating pharmaceutical manipulation of primary cilia expression and structure, thereby regulating cartilage mechanosignalling. I aim to :
- Conduct a compound screen to identify candidate molecules that regulate the expression and structure of the primary cilium.
- Investigate the influence of these candidate molecules on ECM turnover.
- Identify the mechanism through which these candidate molecules regulate mechanosignalling.
- Investigate the potential effect these candidate molecules have on other cilia signalling pathways.
Previous work at KIR, University of Oxford: I was investigating the putative functional interaction between the ciliome and signalling cascades transducing the cellular response to cytokines. I used TIRFM, RNA-seq and transgenic models to answer the following research questions:
- How do cilia architectural changes relate to IFT in transducing NFkB?
- How does IFT encode NFkB signal dynamics, regulating some transcriptional targets, but not others
- Is the cilium involved at all in regulating the response to cytokines?
- What are roles of IFT in non-ciliated cells inflammatory responses?