Latest Tweets @UKCiliaNetwork
- UK Cilia Network Spring Meeting (Sheffield 22/03/2019) will be held in memory of our friend, mentor & colleague Jarema Malicki. Join us for great #cilia science- register https://t.co/s2nYivwvvz. For those who can't but want to share Jarema photos/memories- email @UKCiliaNetwork https://t.co/InM1m1uEVC
- Annual UK Cilia Network meeting - 22nd March 2019 - Sheffield
Abstract submission is now open
- Lika Solnicka-Krezel starts her talk with a dedication and remembrance of Jarema Malicki. #SCZI2019 #cilia @UKCiliaNetwork
- Terribly sad news that Jarema Malicki passed away last Friday 4th January - he was hugely respected and a great driving force within the cilia community, always supporting junior researchers. He will be sorely missed.
- 🧬 Meet Dr Pleasantine Mill (@Mill_lab), group lead @mrc_hgu @EdinburghUni. Mill identified a new treatment for PCD + developed a fluorescent biosensor to study cilia and cells. She won the @Official_BSCB Early Career 🥇. New @Wikipedia page: https://t.co/kdD3N0xxiz #WomeninSTEM https://t.co/2Gl8TcNMCO
- Calling all #cilia folk, join us in Barga, Italy February 17-22 2019 for the GRC Cilia, Mucus & Mucociliary Interactions meeting. Always fantastically interactive- awesome lineup includes @ReiterLab, @kjverhey1 & @GaiaPigino... https://t.co/PfsCJZ891s @GordonConf Please R/T! https://t.co/aJy9dwOzqF
- Updated list of current cilia related research funded by UKRI with over £16M of live grants:
- Take home: The two centriole assembly pathways, parental centriole-dependent and deuterosome-dependent, may cooperate to form whatever number of centrioles the cell needs... based on its surface area. How that is communicated is still a mystery... something we're working on now.
- First preprint from my lab! How do multiciliated cells, which can have anywhere between 30-600 cilia per cell, establish that number. Each progenitor starts with exactly 2 centrioles, then cells undergo massive centriole amplification to form the 30-600 needed to template cilia. https://t.co/kJCF1xnjaH
- Regulation of Cilia Abundance in Multiciliated Cells https://t.co/mUGhwpTxEp #bioRxiv