Latest Tweets @UKCiliaNetwork
- Calling all #cilia folk, join us in Barga, Italy February 17-22 2019 for the GRC Cilia, Mucus & Mucociliary Interactions meeting. Always fantastically interactive- awesome lineup includes @ReiterLab, @kjverhey1 & @GaiaPigino... https://t.co/PfsCJZ891s @GordonConf Please R/T! https://t.co/aJy9dwOzqF
- Updated list of current cilia related research funded by UKRI with over £16M of live grants:
- Take home: The two centriole assembly pathways, parental centriole-dependent and deuterosome-dependent, may cooperate to form whatever number of centrioles the cell needs... based on its surface area. How that is communicated is still a mystery... something we're working on now.
- First preprint from my lab! How do multiciliated cells, which can have anywhere between 30-600 cilia per cell, establish that number. Each progenitor starts with exactly 2 centrioles, then cells undergo massive centriole amplification to form the 30-600 needed to template cilia. https://t.co/kJCF1xnjaH
- Regulation of Cilia Abundance in Multiciliated Cells https://t.co/mUGhwpTxEp #bioRxiv
- Day 5 #ConwayAdvent Favourite 2018 moments - every scientist's proudest hour is seeing the fruits of so much effort in print 🙃 - #cilia rock @oliverblacque @UCD_SBBS @UCD_Research @UKCiliaNetwork https://t.co/lDC2GDxTgi
- @johnsoncilialab @UKCiliaNetwork Look forward to hosting it in Edinburgh- especially now the cytoskeleton themed baking gauntlet has been thrown down... CiliaClub 2019
- The next big cilia meeting will be in Sheffield, which is the @UKCiliaNetwork meeting on 22nd of March. Our next #CiliaClub meeting will be in Edinburgh, September 2019.
- Here we go. Another cover for @GaiaPigino highlighting the discovery of the mechanism how dynein gets stowed away in the IFT train along its journey to the cilia tip. Congratulations! @mpicbg and @maxplanckpress is so lucky to have you. https://t.co/4yYg7C1ixs
- Our November issue is live! Read about #cytoskeletal motor , #adhesion for cell division, #CRISPR base editor screen, and differentiation of skin cancer, and our editorial on increasing public awareness of scientific knowledge. Check it out here https://t.co/bbNrd8U8B8 https://t.co/vbHRETni5r
- Exciting #PCD morning lined up with @twobluechickens & Andy Jarman, @PCD_Scotland, our clinical colleagues and more- talk cilia, cell biology & clinical genetics! See cilia beat, watch PCD fruit flies & get your hands on DNA and much more! @MRC_IGMM @mrc_hgu @EdinburghUni https://t.co/P4qaRXKoy8
- Do you have a personal connection to Primary Ciliary Dyskinesia (PCD)? Please come to our free public PCD awareness event and research update. Still time to register for talks, hands-on science activities & Institute tours! https://t.co/VXMEk1SMTH https://t.co/T8s0us1Vvo