13th BSCB GenSoc UK Cilia Network e-symposium
Date: 13 October 2020 Time: 15:00 - 17:30
Join us for all things cilia: diversity of ependymal motile cilia; primary cilia in meiosis; mysterious distal centrioles; resolving structures required for motility; cytoskeletal regulators and Hh signaling PLUS how signaling regulates sensory cilia size and shape!
From this event, register once at eventbrite to be on the symposia list to have access to all symposia live or on-demand!
- 3:00 -3:05 Pleasantine Mill
- 3:05 -3:25 Farah Haque, postdoc Subramanian lab (Harvard University, US)
- 3:25 -3:45 Yaniv Elkouby, PI (The Hebrew University of Jerusalem Faculty of Medicine, IL)
'A novel primary cilium mechanically regulates meiotic chromosomal pairing and reinforces germline cyst morphogenesis' .
- 3:45 - 4:05 Miao Gui, postdoc, Brown lab (Harvard University, US)
'Structural insights into the mechanoregulatory network that controls ciliary motility'.
- 4:05 - 4:25 Dhivya Kumar, postdoc, Reiter lab (UCSF, US)
'The distal centriole: the nexus between the cilium and centriole'.
- 4:25 - 4:45 Ashish Maurya, postdoc, Sengupta lab (Brandeis University, US)
'The activity of a conserved kinase cascade determines sensory cilia size and elaboration'.
- 4:45 - 5:05 Nathalie Jurisch-Yaksi, PI (Norwegian University of Science and Technology, NO)
'Molecular and cellular properties of ependymal cells in the zebrafish brain'.
- 5:05 -5:10 Pleasantine Mill Closing Remarks
Updated by: Pleasantine Mill