13th BSCB GenSoc UK Cilia Network e-symposium
Join us for all things cilia: diversity of ependymal motile cilia; primary cilia in meiosis; mysterious distal centrioles; resolving structures required for motility; cytoskeletal regulators and Hh signaling PLUS how signaling regulates sensory cilia size and shape!
Registration on eventbrite will open three weeks ahead of the event!
- 3:00 -3:05 Pleasantine Mill
- 3:05 -3:25 Farah Haque, postdoc Subramanian lab (Harvard University, US)
- 3:25 -3:45 Yaniv Elkouby, PI (The Hebrew University of Jerusalem Faculty of Medicine, IL)
'A novel primary cilium mechanically regulates meiotic chromosomal pairing and reinforces germline cyst morphogenesis' .
- 3:45 - 4:05 Miao Gui, postdoc, Brown lab (Harvard University, US)
'Structural insights into the mechanoregulatory network that controls ciliary motility'.
- 4:05 - 4:25 Dhivya Kumar, postdoc, Reiter lab (UCSF, US)
'The distal centriole: the nexus between the cilium and centriole'.
- 4:25 - 4:45 Ashish Maurya, postdoc, Sengupta lab (Brandeis University, US)
'The activity of a conserved kinase cascade determines sensory cilia size and elaboration'.
- 4:45 - 5:05 Nathalie Jurisch-Yaksi, PI (Norwegian University of Science and Technology, NO)
'Molecular and cellular properties of ependymal cells in the zebrafish brain'.
- 5:05 -5:10 Pleasantine Mill Closing Remarks
Updated by: David Lockwood